International Students

Request Info

U-SoA has STEM designation for the following programs: Bachelor of Architecture, Master of Architecture, Master of Science in Architecture, and Master of Urban Design.

During full-time enrollment at U-SoA, international students who hold F-1 visa status and have been enrolled full-time for at least one full academic year may apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) program. This program provides the opportunity to be employed in the US outside of the University.

During an academic year, CPT is limited to part-time employment (maximum of 20 hrs. per week). During the summer break, CPT is available for full-time employment only.

U-SoA international students who hold an F-1 visa status may apply for the Optional Practice Training (OPT) program, which offers employment in the US after graduation for a period of 12 months + 24 month STEM extension, for a total of 36 months. (This is under the condition that such employment begins within 60 days of graduation.)

Acquiring professional experience at an internship or part-time job in the U.S. will require planning ahead. International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) is available to assist all U-SoA international students with their individual needs. Below, you will find the necesary links to some common procedures to plan your academic advancement and career development in the U.S.

Accordion Group

Visit the full UM-ISSS website for more information: